Advertisement for Acquisitions of the Property at 125 S. 5th Street
The City of Moberly has acquired the building at 125 S. 5thSt.The building has an extensivehistory here in Moberly and the goal is to see the building improved, saved andutilized as a productive property in Downtown Moberly.The City will be accepting proposals foracquisition of this property.All proposalsmust include a description of the proposed renovations and specific time framefor the start/completion.
The proposal should be for the continued improvement of the propertyin conformance of the the City of Moberly zoning and building codes.
This building was constructed c. 1859 by Elijah Williams.On July 4, 1860, William Roberts entered intoan agreement to deed forty acres of his land to the Chariton & RandolphRailroad Company. Later, Elijah Williams also sold twenty-five acres to therailroad. Both men received fifteen dollars per acre. Mr. Williams’ home wasbuilt in 1859 and is located at 125 South Fifth, at the head of Burkhart. Thatmakes it, most likely, the oldest house in Moberly that is still standing.Over the years the building has been occupiedas a home then as an apartment building.
If selected, the City and selected party would enter into aformal acquisition of the property.Upona formal agreement The City of Moberly will quit claim the property to the selectedparty.
Proposalsmust be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “125 S. 5th St” to the City Clerk’s office at 101 W. Reed St, Moberly, Mo. 65270 prior to December31st at 2:00 p.m